CloudSigma was excited to have sponsored the Intro to Data Science with R event, organized by R User Group Sylhet! The event took place on May 1st 2018, at the ACM office, Sylhet, Bangladesh. The event brought together more than 20 R Language enthusiasts, software developers and data scientists to learn, exchange ideas and promote the R programming language usage.
R is a free software programming language and a software environment for statistical computing and graphics. The R language is widely used among statisticians and data miners for developing statistical software and data analysis. The Intro to Data Science with R event aimed to proactively enable a wider adoption of R software for statistical and data mining applications in both industry and academia in Sylhet, Bangladesh.
During the event, speakers Bolaram Paul (Entrepreneur & Tech Speaker) and Toufiq Amin (Software Engineer) shared insights on the importance and applications of the R programming language. Bolaram Paul said:
“To be productive as a data scientist you need to know the essential data visualizations offered by the R programming tools. Participants are going to use the visualizations presented at the event over and over again in testing, data analysis and visual communication.”
The event concluded with a Hackathon which encouraged attendees to learn the R programming language and solve machine learning computation problems. CloudSigma awarded free cloud-computing resources to 10 Hackathon participants worth over US$2500 each. CloudSigma is very happy that our services were able to help participants test and make the most of the Hackathon regardless of a participants income level. Speaker Bolaram Paul said:
“Thanks to the support of CloudSigma, event participants were able to test the R language with cloud computing resources which helped grow their skills tremendously. We hope to continue to collaborate with CloudSigma on our events which will help us further develop our initiatives.”
- How CloudSigma Helped IT Provider DARZ Enrich its Services Portfolio and Provide its Customers with an Unmatched Infrastructure Solution - June 11, 2018
- CloudSigma Sponsors <i>Intro to Data Science with R event</i> to Encourage R Language Adoption - May 31, 2018
- CloudSigma Security & Business Continuity Features - May 14, 2018
- Open Call Announcement for the CloudiFacturing Project Wave 2 Experiments - April 30, 2018
- CloudSigma Sponsors Earth Observation Exploitation Platform Hackathon 2018, Organized by OGC - March 28, 2018