CloudSigma was excited to have sponsored the Intro to Data Science with R event, organized by R User Group Sylhet! The event took place on May 1st 2018, at the ACM office, Sylhet, Bangladesh. The event brought together more than 20 R Language enthusiasts, software developers and data scientists to learn, exchange ideas and promote the R programming language usage.
R is a free software programming language and a software environment for statistical computing and graphics. The R language is widely used among statisticians and data miners for developing statistical software and data analysis. The Intro to Data Science with R event aimed to proactively enable a wider adoption of R software for statistical and data mining applications in both industry and academia in Sylhet, Bangladesh.
During the event, speakers Bolaram Paul (Entrepreneur & Tech Speaker) and Toufiq Amin (Software Engineer) shared insights on the importance and applications of the R programming language. Bolaram Paul said:
“To be productive as a data scientist you need to know the essential data visualizations offered by the R programming tools. Participants are going to use the visualizations presented at the event over and over again in testing, data analysis and visual communication.”
The event concluded with a Hackathon which encouraged attendees to learn the R programming language and solve machine learning computation problems. CloudSigma awarded free cloud-computing resources to 10 Hackathon participants worth over US$2500 each. CloudSigma is very happy that our services were able to help participants test and make the most of the Hackathon regardless of a participants income level. Speaker Bolaram Paul said:
“Thanks to the support of CloudSigma, event participants were able to test the R language with cloud computing resources which helped grow their skills tremendously. We hope to continue to collaborate with CloudSigma on our events which will help us further develop our initiatives.”
Share this Post
- You have a web crawling service? See how CloudSigma can match your scalability and cost-efficiency requirements - November 28, 2018
- Find out what specific features are required by teachers looking for cloud services in education - November 14, 2018
- CloudSigma’s Public Cloud Fuels NASA Space Apps Challenge Since 2013 - October 19, 2018
- CloudSigma launches a Dublin based Cloud with Servecentric - October 17, 2018
- CloudSigma with HPE Delivers Innovative Cloud Services around the Globe - October 12, 2018