Zug, Switzerland – April 2022– Thanks to CloudSigma’s successful collaboration with Intel as a Titanium Partner, we have launched the ability for customers in Switzerland to create Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) with their cloud servers. The new feature enhances the user experience through advanced security features for confidential computing.
Intel® SGX is a security-related instruction set built into CPUs at the hardware level that helps protect data-in-use with application isolation technology. It is a feature available within the 3rd Generation Intel® Xeon® Platform, code-named Ice Lake, which includes full memory encryption and accelerated cryptographic performance for confidential computing.
Intel® SGX allows user-level code to allocate private regions of memory, called enclaves, which are designed to be protected from processes running at higher privilege levels. CloudSigma is uniquely exposing this feature in a highly flexible, integrated way allowing customers to create enclaves associated with any cloud server on the platform. Further enclave sizing is independent of server sizing allowing perfect provisioning for customers as well as the ability to create multiple secure enclaves on a single cloud server.
Why CloudSigma Intel® SGX
The new solution will help businesses leverage the benefits of confidential computing to scale and protect their privacy and security-sensitive workloads in the public cloud. These are just some of the advantages Intel® SGX provides:
- Using Intel® SGX enclaves enables businesses to protect their critical data including passwords, encryption keys, and sensitive data. Even if the operating system or hypervisor is compromised, the data will remain safe.
- Intel® SGX is the most tested, researched, and deployed hardware-based data center trusted execution environment (TEE), with the smallest available attack surface within the system.
- Intel® SGX’s attestation mechanisms allow customers to request verification that their applications have not been compromised and that the processor they are running on has the latest security updates.
“Our vision is that confidential computing will become a standard part of computing infrastructure and software topologies. We are democratizing confidential computing with a fully integrated approach to our cloud offering.“Robert Jenkin, CEO @ CloudSigma
In CloudSigma, customers can rest assured that their data security and privacy are a top priority. Adding the next generation Intel® SGX confidential computing VMs to the company’s portfolio enhances the protection CloudSigma delivers even further.
The new offering will also ensure that clients from industries like banking, finance, government, and healthcare will be able to take advantage of the public cloud whilst preserving a highly secure infrastructure footing. CloudSigma’s new offering will give such clients business value for the future as well, as it will only continue to add features based on Ice Lake technology.
CloudSigma continues to reaffirm our commitment to delivering the highest degree of security and privacy to customers with the various aspects of their computing. Customers can already register on the CloudSigma platform and test out the new confidential computing offering. Interested existing customers can get in touch with us with any questions or queries about the new offering or our cloud services.
- 5 Tips to Achieve Optimal Cloud Computing Cost Efficiency - October 31, 2022
- CloudSigma Empowers Blockchain Infrastructure Provider with a Green, Reliable, and Cost-Efficient Cloud Platform - October 27, 2022
- Whitech Launches New Egypt Cloud Computing Offering, Powered by HPE and CloudSigma - October 17, 2022
- Key Aspects of Protecting your Data in the Cloud - September 20, 2022
- How to Configure MongoDB Replication and Automated Failover - September 19, 2022