CloudSigma’s Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Breaks New Ground on Interoperability and Performance to Create Seamless Hybrid Clouds
San Francisco, CA, 2013 – CloudSigma, an international, customer-centric, pure-cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, today announced the launch of CloudSigma 2.0, a next-generation public cloud that enables seamless, high-performance hybrid environments. CloudSigma’s cloud breaks new ground on interoperability and performance, with new features including:
- Direct private patch/hybrid cloud capability: CloudSigma 2.0’s industry-first transparent private patching capability allows customers to connect their own infrastructure directly to the vLANS within CloudSigma’s public cloud, all exposed via the same subnet, vastly improving data portability and security. While other IaaS offerings place cumbersome restrictions on cloud deployments, CloudSigma 2.0’s private patching allows for a totally private IP-only solution at full line speed and with low latency, by avoiding the need for inefficient VPNs. Combined with CloudSigma’s open software and networking layers that allow any x86 operating system to run unmodified, customers can mirror on-premise infrastructure for cloud bursting or disaster recovery purposes.
- Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS): The new private patching capability also enables a full-fledged DRaaS strategy by streamlining data portability and giving customers instant access to and recovery of their data in the event of an outage or disaster. With this, customers can truly run one environment both inside and outside of CloudSigma’s cloud without the overhead of maintaining two differentiated platforms. CloudSigma 2.0’s private connectivity also mitigates data security concerns, since customers are no longer required to send their sensitive data over a public IP, thereby protecting private data against cyber-attacks, data leakage and malicious hacking.
- All-SSD, high-performance storage: CloudSigma 2.0 incorporates all solid-state drive (SSD) storage, eliminating input/output (I/O) bottlenecks and CPU wait time to provide the highest levels of speed and stability. It also includes next generation virtual networking technologies, boosting VM-to-VM connectivity speeds. With CloudSigma’s all-SSD storage, priced the same as its previous magnetic offering, companies can achieve higher performance than dedicated or private cloud arrangements, even in a public cloud, multi-tenant environment.
- Advanced CPU options for better application performance: CloudSigma 2.0 places no restrictions on VM size, offers all resources including CPU and RAM on a utility basis, incorporates advanced CPU options with full-exposure of CPU instruction sets to VMs, and offers the ability to control visibility and emulation of non-uniform memory access (NUMA) as well as hypervisor timer settings. This level of service customizability can significantly boost application performance levels without increasing cost.
Customers that are hosting environments with CloudSigma 2.0, including iStreamPlanet, Cinecert and Tracky, have already seen at least a 30 percent general performance improvement in terms of scalability, compute power and resource utilization. CloudSigma 2.0’s advanced features, including its all-SSD storage environment, have zero impact on its cost efficiency for customers and are priced consistently with CloudSigma’s unbundled,
“CloudSigma has always been focused on driving innovation as a founding principle, and that’s why we took our IaaS offering to the next level as soon as we had the opportunity,” said Robert Jenkins, CloudSigma CEO and co-founder. “CloudSigma 2.0 is a true benchmark in IaaS capability. We have eliminated contention and bottlenecks, created a new level of interoperability and hybrid cloud integration, and broadened the user’s ability to customize their service, all while maintaining
our open and transparent model. These improvements are allowing us to further improve our SLAs, and we’re confident we can deliver on
For more information about CloudSigma 2.0 and its new features, visit www.cloudsigma.com.
CloudSigma is a pure-cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider that offers highly-available, flexible, enterprise-class cloud servers and cloud hosting solutions, both in Europe and the U.S. CloudSigma is the most customizable cloud provider on the market, giving customers full control over their cloud and eliminating restrictions on how users deploy their computing resources. With CloudSigma, customers can provision processing, storage, networks and other fundamental computing resources as they please, as well as easily deploy any operating system or application with full root/administrative access. The result is the highest-performing cloud at the most efficient price possible.
With infrastructure in Interxion’s European Cloud Hubs and SwitchNAP’s Las Vegas data center campus, CloudSigma selects the highest-quality facilities to support its innovative infrastructure. CloudSigma is increasingly being recognized for its advancement of the cloud IaaS industry and more information may be found a www.CloudSigma.com or by visiting the company on Twitter @CloudSigma, Facebook and Google+.
Meredith L. Eaton
- CloudSigma Expands Public Cloud Footprint with DRFortress in Hawaii - August 20, 2014
- CloudSigma Expands U.S. Cloud Presence with Equinix in Silicon Valley and Miami - August 19, 2014
- CloudSigma Enhances Hybrid Cloud Solutions with Equinix Cloud Exchange - August 18, 2014
- Abiquo and CloudSigma Partner to Deliver Flexible Cloud Management through the anyCloud Hybrid Cloud Platform - August 6, 2014
- CloudSigma and OpenVPN Partner to Provide Secure, Remote Access to Public Cloud Deployments - July 22, 2014
- Workshare Chooses CloudSigma to Enhance Product Development Process - May 15, 2014
- European providers to support a new cloud computing Marketplace for Science, building on the Helix Nebula Initiative - May 7, 2014
- CloudSigma Partners with New Relic to Improve Public Cloud Application Performance Monitoring - March 12, 2014
- CloudSigma Partners with CompatibleOne to Allow for a Unified View of Computing Environments Across Locations - February 27, 2014
- CloudSigma at Cloud Expo Europe 2014 - February 25, 2014